Ion exchange is a powerful technology to soften and demineralise water to extremely good quality. This technology is well proven, as it developed initially in the 1950s, and today, it is still the best to produce ultra-pure water, i.e. to remove all traces of contaminants.
In addition to water treatment, ion exchange is also used in a variety of industrial and domestic applications. It can for instance:
- Remove colour from cane sugar syrups to make white sugar
- Purify antibiotics and other pharmaceuticals
- Extract uranium from ores
- Separate metals
- Remove harmful substances from solutions
- Be used as an excipient in pharmaceutical formulations
- Catalyse reactions to make anti-knocking agents for petrol
- Produce clear and pure water for the tea or coffee you make at home
This site covers primarily water treatment, although many other applications are also mentioned. Click one of the buttons on the right to see more details. The mark (N) indicates new or updated (U) pages or documents. Other pages are shown in the
If you don't find here the answer to your question, I may offer you some help.
Any suggestion and comment regarding these ion exchange pages are welcome. Just drop me a line at the e-mail address below.
Die kleine deutsche Flagge auf einigen Seiten deutet eine Version auf Deutsch an. Klicken Sie sie an.
Le petit drapeau français sur certaines pages indique une version en français. Cliquez dessus.
Esta pequeña bandera española en algunas páginas indica una versión en castellano. Haga clic en ella.